Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I finally did it!

I decided it was time to finally get a blog up and running specifically around my knitting. I've been knitting now for over a year and have completed many different projects - some of which have already been given away before I could get pictures of them. Oh well. I'll start taking pictures of my projects now...especially since I have a blog to put them on!
So here's one thing I did take a picture of before giving it away - it's a wine bottle gift bag. It's made of Noro Kureyon wool color#154. After about 4 attempts to get the gauge right, I finally ended up settling on size 13 dpn's to knit up the bag, and then felted it down to size. It was my first attempt at felting, and boy am I glad it succeeded...all the while I was felting the bag in the washing machine, I was saying to myself, "You better not screw it up now - you've put so much into this already!" So I kept checking it practically every minute until it was done. My brother and sister-in-law were the proud recipients of this project, with the instruction to pass it on to others. Maybe someday it will make its way back to me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you in the blogosphere, Dave.

Next up is Ravelry...