Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Troy Stitch N Bitch


So I am a regular at the Troy SnB on Monday nights at Flavour Cafe in Troy, NY. Last Monday, I decided to bring the camera along so I could get a picture of the gang to post here. From left to right is: me, Jeff, Jessica, Gemma, Jessica, Maggie, and Sunfire. There are a few regulars who weren't there last Monday, along with some others that come on occasion. All in all, it's not surprising to find anywhere from a handful of people up to 12 people there on any given Monday.
In other news, I finally started on the gloves. I've already made 3 mistakes...um, I mean enhancements (who's counting anyway?!) but they still look good and fit well. Heck, they're for me anyway - so if they have a few "enhancements" I don't care. I decided to give circular knitting with two circular needles a try for this project - it really works well, especially for things you want to try on as you knit. I'm at the point in the pattern now where I've put stitches on scrap yarn for the thumb and pinky finger - scary stuff. I've never done that sort of thing before! I hope I can reconnect everything when the time comes. I'm sure I will - it may not look pretty, but it'll at least be functional. More updates on the gloves after I return from sunny Ft. Lauderdale - I'll be there until 1/29. Maybe I'll knit on the beach....nah. Suntan oil is not compatible with knitting.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Always good to see your smiling face, but it's also great to see what Sunfire looks like after speaking with him on the phone a few times.

Hope your time in FL was sunny and bright.

Anonymous said...

Time for an update...

Shelley said...

Hey, It's Michelle, do you have my carders. I can't seem to find them, and I can't recall if I ended up lending them to you.

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged!!!

Carlton E Smith said...

Hey, Sleds --

Sorry I missed you as you were leaving EM today. I will have left myself before you get back, of course ... Anyway, great getting to know you a bit these past couple of weeks, and to hang out with you and the SnB crew last Monday. Be in touch ... you can email me at smithcarel@aol.com.

Peace,
Carlton

blogging at
http://6monthbreak.blogspot.com